Texas Wildfires: BCBSTX Responds to Help Members
During a natural disaster, you never know where you may end up. We at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBTX) understand that many of our members may be displaced as a result of the widespread wildfires advancing across the state.
To help support the firefighters, rescue workers and citizens involved in the fight against nature, BCBSTX has donated $30,000 to support the relief efforts of the American Red Cross and the Salvation Army.
Because the disaster is so widespread, we will be taking special measures to assist our members in the areas affected by the wildfires by:
- Explaining the options for accessing care.
- Helping to locate a network provider, hospital or dialysis center.
- Assisting with early refills of prescription medications.
- Working to ensure transition of care or continuity of care needs are met.
- For an emergency situation, you should go directly to the nearest hospital.
- For non-emergency care needs, you can call the customer service number on the back of your ID card to locate a network provider.
- When arriving at the participating doctor's office or hospital, you will need to present a BCBSTX ID card.
- If you have misplaced your member ID card, need help finding care or have coverage questions, call the Member Services number below and our customer service representatives will assist you. You can also log in to Blue Access for MembersSM or access our mobile site to search for a doctor and access your ID card and electronic health records.
- Participating health care providers can also access your electronic health records at the point of care through the CareProfile® tool.
- BlueCard participants can call the National BlueCard access number below to be routed to the appropriate customer service center.
Watch for continuing updates as we respond to the needs of our groups and members impacted by the wildfires.
Important Blue Cross Phone Numbers
- Member Services Hotline: 800-521-2227
- Federal Employee Information: 800-676-BLUE (2583)
- National BlueCard Access: 800-810-BLUE (2583)